Have you ever wondered if your dental health changes during a pregnancy? According to many studies, greater health risks can occur for you and your baby if you have poor oral health care habits, so make sure you are continuing to keep your smile safe while pregnant.
For more information about your dental health while pregnant, consider the following:
– As usual, while you are pregnant, on the verge of pregnancy, and after delivering the baby, make sure to keep your distance from sugars and eat well-balanced nutritious meals instead.
– While pregnant, continue to practice efficient oral health care treatments including brushing twice daily and flossing once per day.
– Pregnancy can enhance your risk for gum disease.
– You can still make consistent visits to your dentist while you are pregnant, including help for any oral emergencies and injuries you may have.
– Poor oral hygiene during a pregnancy has been related to many health risks including gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and premature delivery.
– Always let your dentist know your current physical welfare, including what prenatal vitamins and medications you may be using.
With oral health care during a pregnancy, your smile will not only look better, but it can be healthier too. If you would like to meet with Dr. R. Erik Cantwell and our team at Copper Ridge Dental for an examination, please call 801.260.0530 to schedule an appointment at our dentist office in West Jordan, Utah. We will get you the smile you’ve always wanted!