Keep your teeth safe and strong this holiday season. As you enjoy the many treats and sights that the end of the year can bring, it’s important not to lose sight of proper health care habits including those for your precious teeth and gums. Given the amount of temptations around us for the holidays, it is very easy to fall victim of too much of a good thing.
Here are a few tips to remember when celebrating the holidays:
– Do not indulge in-between-meal snacks. The longer sugar and other harmful materials are in contact with your teeth, the greater risk of damage.
– Eat healthy.
– Be sure to brush twice daily and floss once daily with either dental floss or a suitable dental tool approved by your dentist.
– Cook more healthy foods this year, and fewer desserts, cookies, and pies.
– Avoid hard candies like candy canes and peanut brittle. They can easily chip or crack your teeth. Avoid chewy candy like caramels or gummies. Sticky candies can easily stick to your teeth and gums and can be hard to remove even when brushing. As an alternative snack, try sugarless gum to hold your appetite over between meals.
– Visit your dentist at Copper Ridge Dental for an oral examination and your regularly scheduled professional cleanings.
You don’t have to fight the battle against bad hygiene alone this year. Our expert team at Copper Ridge Dental is here to craft you the best personalized plan for all your dental needs. If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. R. Erik Cantwell, call us at 801.260.0530, or drop by our office in West Jordan, Utah. Start your holidays with a smile!